Get to know me meme: [3/5] favorite tv shows
"Psychopaths are not crazy. They are fully aware of what they do and the consequences of those actions."
OMG Hannibal was like lets be friends and then it turned out he was just pulling the guys leg
finnthepuddin asked: Hey, Mai! They're really interesting choices! With regard to Bryan Fuller, why exactly do you choose him? I know somewhat, however! He actually interacts with the fans, doesn't he?
Bryan Fuller: HOW DO I LOVE THEE? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS…
- He has a successful history with genre shows (Heroes, Pushing Daisies, Hannibal)
- He is an openly gay showrunner, but unlike Jeff Davis, he actually champions queer representation that is inclusive of lesbians and showing gay people as people (and not just objects for exploitative makeout sessions).
- He employs colorblind casting. Beverly Katz (Hannibal) is played by Korean American actress, Hettienne Park. Jack Crawford (Hannibal) is played by black actor, Laurence Fishburne. The role of Crawford in the books and previous movie adaptations have all been portrayed by white actors.
- He interacts with fans, but unlike Jeff Davis, he genuinely appreciates his fanbase and their fandom creations.
- He respects women. Not only does he acknowledge and appreciate female fans explicitly, he’s turned male characters into women (e.g. Freddie Lounds) and is careful to show parity in the number of female/male victims on Hannibal. PLUS HE REFUSES TO TELL A RAPE STORY ON HIS SHOW, PERIOD.
Vince Gilligan: Albuquerque has meant the world for Breaking Bad. I can’t imagine Breaking Bad being anywhere else. I can’t imagine the show would be nearly as interesting as it is if it were set anywhere else. Just the cinematography and the look of the show. When I think of Albuquerque I think of clouds, just those beautiful floating cumulus clouds. The skies. These are the skies you just don’t see in Southern California. You really get the depth and the sense of scale in the desert in Albuquerque. On days when I’m out there on the set, the first thing I do is look out the window. If it’s a day with no clouds, I get really upset! I think about the Sandias and about this great city that I’ve grown to love.
im sorry i just i couldn’t sleep so i had to
dont look at me
will’s dancing is making my day.